![]() |
| Shoo Fly, designed by Phyllis Hoffman & Beth Hayes |
My newest project has to do with my son Arturo and his wife Jennifer's endeavors to adopt special needs children from Eastern Europe (http://www.fromhouse2home.us/). If you visit their website (link above), you'll see that they are adopting a 12-year-old girl (Shawna) and--hopefully--a 6 of 7-year-old boy (Seth?). So I've decided to make quilts for them, to welcome them to their new home.
I've started to work on Shawna's quilt using the pattern on the picture on the left, using orange as the main color, since her room is decorated in oranges and navy blues (navy blue being the unifying color between Shawna's and Seth's rooms). I didn't incorporate navy blue in this one, however, since I couldn't find a fabric that had both colors in a harmonious way without being too "grown up" or in some cases too dreary. I wanted something cheerful, so I nixed the navy blue and chose yellow and white as contrasting colors instead.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments. Come back soon!