Thursday, June 9, 2016

Quilt Themed Parties & Ideas!

Wow, I haven't posted in such a long time! I've had a busy time with various projects. But thanks to all the lovely people who ask me to update now and again, I feel I must post another update.

To start off, I wanted to talk about quilt-themed parties, because I was looking on Pinterest at some fun quilt-themed party images.

For instance, in thinking about celebrating birthdays of quilters, I thought it would be interesting to see what sorts of quilt-themed foods and party favours existed out there: https://www.pinterest.com/twistedthreaduk/quilt-guild-party-ideas/

Here are some cute, most likely fondant-based mini cupcakes:
from Kara's Party Ideas
Here, from the same site, some cute party favors:

What's always fun, of course, is to see what crazy food-themed food is out there, and Pinterest does not dissappoint.

For your viewing pleasure, here's a darling quilt cake. As can be seen, it very successfully uses the churn dash pattern:
from bake bake bake livejournal
Here is an actual pizza! A quilt pizza!
from Catherine McCord
Here are some lovely quilt block cookies:
from Amazing Cakes
The last thing I will share are these awesome sugar cookies, designed so that each one, when placed next to the others, forms a pinwheel quilt:
from Flickr
Maybe next time we have a particularly ambitious quilt guild party, we could adopt some of these ideas! It is generally fun, though, to see the ways that quilt patterns can exist in food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. Come back soon!